I thought about a system to ignite and encourage creativity, productivity and a bit more excitement in my daily life. For every activity that I carry out, I accumulate points. The more points that I accumulate at the end of each day, the more beneficial , profitable and conducive the day has been (in my opinion). Anyone can try this out and adapt their own points system (this is still a work in progress and is personal to my circumstances).
|Add the points up at the end of each day|
|Creative activities (6 points)
|Fitness Activities (8 points)
(at least 30 minutes)
|Habits (3 points)
|Spirituality (10 points)
|Educate yourself (10 points)
|Productivity (2 points)
1. Why are we obsessed with people that don’t like us as much as we do them? Do I have rejection issues? Do I get a kick out of lot getting what I want? Do I actually like the chase? I mean what is up with that? So many questions….
2. I’m hungry but I don’t know what I want to eat. When you’re starving but you have no appetite for ANYTHING!
3. That feeling of anxiety you feel when you’re under pressure and you have to hide it from everyone.. Where is an appropriate meme when I need it?
4. I wanna be in love again… I so love that feeling…
5. When you want to read but you may have an ADHD condition that prevents you from concentrating.
Often, the things we expect lead to dissapointment when they happen unexpectedly. The quote above is kind of a mantra that I have developed somewhat… ‘No expectations, no disappointments.’ This quote can honestly be applied to absolutely anything (and it works!).
It’s not something that is encouraged but at times, expecting the lowest outcome can produce the most pleasant results when something that happens is above your expectations. I tend to apply this mantra the most with personal relationships.
I’ve stopped expecting so highly when it comes to people because they will let you down (sometimes at your most neediest). What is to be remembered is that you really have no say on how one conducts themselves, you can influence but if it’s not from their heart, is it really a behaviour that one can adopt? I’ve learned on my journey that the less you expect from someone, the more you will enjoy that relationship.
For example, if you’re always expecting a phone call or text from somebody, you will be disappointed when that phone call or text does not happen. The next time that you call them, could end up in a bust up or even a little resentment.
So what do you do?
Don’t expect anyone to do anything for you.
This mantra is epic because it works! It really does. I’m genuinely surprised when people do certain acts for me and I’m grateful for them when they occur.
Try it today!!
I picked up this notion from a book that I am currently reading. What an amazing analogy! It’s basically saying that you as a candle burn with light. You should always be willing to share your flame because sharing has no effect on your own flame but you should never give away your wax. The more wax you give, the more you diminish.