I needed a pick me up so I ordered some books off Amazon to give me a burst of inspiration.
I picked up this notion from a book that I am currently reading. What an amazing analogy! It’s basically saying that you as a candle burn with light. You should always be willing to share your flame because sharing has no effect on your own flame but you should never give away your wax. The more wax you give, the more you diminish.
Images by Danlirose
I went to Crystal Palace Park in South London to take some snaps of flowers and anything pretty in sight.
1. When I was in an unhealthy relationship//
When I was much younger than I am, I was in a very long term relationship. It was my first time being in one and I really thought that we were going to last forever. The funny thing is, a little thing such as physical distance can change all of that. The phone calls were less frequent, the contact was virtually non existent or should I say incredibly one sided. It was almost as if I was begging for his attention. I shouldn’t have to beg – I thought he was mine. However, whilst I was thinking it was the distance and he was at a very important stage at his life. There was something even deeper that I was afraid to admit to myself… He just wasn’t interested anymore. Our relationship was by no means perfect and it had a lot of rocky parts but I thought we were so strong in our love that nothing could shake us. Boy was I wrong. My longing for what we used to have turned into an unhealthy obsession. I kept trying to do things to make him love me harder and he just wasn’t responding or reciprocating.
When he didn’t give into me, I eventually wanted to end my life. He was my everything and if he wasn’t in my life, I had nothing. I tried everything to get rid of the pain that it was undoubtedly over between us but nothing and I mean nothing worked. Point 5 explains my victory..
2. When I thought I was not going to meet my assignments//
The days that I suffered lastminute.com
syndrome with my uni work. When that deadline was only a day away and your whole degree depended on it. I used to stress myself like shit but I always ended up meeting the deadline even when the worse amount of work was like 4 in one weekend.
3. When I had insurmountable debt and I had no money //
There was a time when I was unemployed and looking for work for the longest time. I thought that I was not good enough and that was where I almost wanted to give up. I had no money and I had many outstanding debts that I needed to pay off. After subsequent persistence, I got a volunteering opportunity that eventually led to a job.
4. When I thought I had depression //
After my breakup, I felt as low as fuck. I had no self esteem, I was lonely and I thought that I would never find love again. I may have had depression at time but after reflective thinking, I realised that it may have been my faulty way of viewing the world at the time. One thing I learned from Anthony de Mello’s teachings was that you shouldn’t identify too much with your emotions. Instead of saying ‘I am depressed’ you replace that with ‘depression is passing through me.’ Same goes for everything else. This has really helped me get over many emotional obstacles.
5. When I thought I wouldn’t get over my ex //
It took me 4 years to fully get over my ex… 4 years! I went through so many stages of grief for that relationship. Days were hard to get through because he truly was the love of my life.
Towards the end of the 4 years, I received a breakthrough and we became civil and friendly to each other. We even got intimate with each other but guess what? I felt nothing. I never thought I would ever get to that stage.
Image by Danlirose
1. I eat breakfast at various times of the day
2. I like to scrunch my Cornflakes into extremely small pieces so it’s almost powder like
3. I have to eat ice cream after every spicy meal
4. I talk to myself in the mirror…(a lot)
5. I can eat a whole pack of Tic Tacs in one go
6. Oh yeah.. I like to put bits of coffee grain in my Cornflakes
7. I like to read books backwards
8. I sleep before I read a book
9. I hate texting people first
10. I like collecting notebooks
Image by Danlirose
1. Learn how to make your favourite restaurant dishes, even if they don’t taste as good as the original.
2. Know when to move on
3. Be like water flowing effortlessly through your environment
4. Be very picky when choosing friends
5. You should not expect something from cheap people
6. Make yourself a brand
7. Realise happiness is not something you obtain
8. Do not let fear dictate your life
9. Manage your expectations
10. Never let them see you sweat
11. Quit planning and just take action
12. Make someone’s day everyday
13. Find one good thing about everyday
14. Remain in love everyday with yourself and find new ways to love yourself everyday
15. Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before
16. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
17. Recognise that if something is a struggle or challenging, then it’s causing growth
18. When you help others you help yourself