I picked up this notion from a book that I am currently reading. What an amazing analogy! It’s basically saying that you as a candle burn with light. You should always be willing to share your flame because sharing has no effect on your own flame but you should never give away your wax. The more wax you give, the more you diminish.
- We are all connected. If you help another being, you are helping yourself. If you hurt another being, you are bound to hurt yourself.
- Don’t be afraid of painful experiences. Pain is neither good nor bad in itself, but we can deal with it in good and bad ways.
- When you drop all desires and expectations about how people should be, you will never feel deceived or hurt again.
- All fears ultimately come down to the fear of death. Unless you become familiar with the idea of death, you will never be able to truly live care-free.
- You cannot know more about another person than you can know about yourself. And the more you get to know yourself, the better you will understand others.
- True love can never be hurt, because it gives without asking anything in return. So even if love is unseen or rejected by those at whom it is directed, it keeps on being what it is.
- Pleasure and pain are two aspects of the same coin. You can never have one without the other.
- By treating the symptom you won’t cure the disease. Instead, try to get rid of the root-cause.
- There is no God higher than Truth.
- Don’t focus you attention on what people say or do. Rather, seek to find out their motive for speaking and acting the way they do (this also applies to yourself).
- Speak the truth, no matter what the consequences. Being honest is the only way to be at peace with yourself and others.
- Possessions can possess you. Let go of your attachments to your belongings.
- We all come to this world alone and leave this world alone. Don’t be afraid to be experience aloneness, because only in this way will you be able to confront yourself as you truly are.
- Never submit yourself to any relationship. True friendship can flower only under the sun of mutual respect.
- When you lose a friend, don’t hurry to replace him with another one. Instead, find the space to examine your heartache.
- Sometimes your enemies can help you more than your friends. Enemies are always willing to point out to the negative aspects of yourself.
- Gratification does not mean contentment. Gratification comes and goes, contentment stays with you forever.
- Don’t mistake desire for love. Desire is a passionate fire, love is calm breeze.
- Everyone is motivated either by fear or by love. Choose to be motivated by love.
- Seek to change yourself, not the world. Unless you embody the change you want to see in the world, the world will remain the same for you.
- Don’t try to escape from unpleasant experiences with others. See this as an opportunity to better understand people, instead of projecting your own images on them.
- There is no knowledge other than self-knowledge. Unless what you get to know transforms yourself, it cannot be called true knowledge.
- Your beliefs shape your perceptions, just like sunglasses color what you see.
- Don’t imitate others. Create your own path and walk on it.
- Never let anyone’s behavior tell you what to do. You are a free being and responsible for your actions.
I am filled with light, love and peace.
I treat myself with kindness and respect. -
I don’t have to be perfect; I just have to be me.
I give myself permission to shine.
I honour the best parts of myself and share them with others.
I’m proud of all I have accomplished.
Today I give myself permission to be greater than my fears.
I love myself no matter what.
I am my own best friend and cheerleader.
Thank you for the qualities, traits and talents that make me so unique.
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.
And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;
And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.
And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.
Much of your pain is self-chosen.
It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.
Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquillity:
For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen,
And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears.
I believe that everyone was created for a beautiful purpose. There are many people that don’t understand that purpose that they pose in life. I want to see the beauty in everything as well as making people realise that they are special and that they are loved. Even if they feel abandoned, deserted and depressed – I want to make them realise that they are not on this earth for no reason. So today, that is what I will do…
Today is Monday (my favourite day of the week… Not!). To start the week, I am going to keep commitment in mind. Commitment to any task that I set out to do. No more procrastinating! Even if it’s hard, I’m going to stick at it. This is something I will practice throughout the week – as well as kindness and peace.
Have a blessed day!